http://solaceandserenity.blogspot.com/
Sunday, February 04, 2007
Australian Open


This is to acknowledge the greatness of my favorite Tennis players! =)

Just recently, I was so keen watching the Australian Open, one of the Grand Slam Tennis Tournaments, other than Roland Garros (previously named as French Open), US Open, and Wimbeldon Open. I never failed to watch any matches of my favorite players from 1st round until they made it to the Finals.

First is my idol Maria Sharapova…
After watching her match with Camille Pin, I know she wasn’t in her game. I was reluctant on her performance. I wasn’t even sure if she will be able to make it in the finals knowing that Serena, Hingis, Mauresmo, Vaidasova, and other best female players are still in the game. In short, she wasn’t in her best form. But fortunately, she made it to the finals. Unfortunately, she didn’t grab the trophy home. She lost on a frustrating and humiliating 6-1, 6-2 game over Serena Williams. Nevertheless, reaching the finals is already an achievement. I just hope that she can brag another grand slam event soon. Before I forgot, she was officially ranked no. 1 after Henin withdrew on the event.

Second is none other than Roger Federer...
Who would have not liked this young, timid, nice Swiss guy! He possesses the true heart of a tennis player. From his top spin forehand, backhand drive, slices, drop shots, to his reliable services, nothing can top this man. I was already a follower of this guy since early last year. I researched everything about him and even read his blog every now and then. I really admire this lad. He didn’t manage to lose any set from 1st round ‘til finals whom no one done that since 1978. No doubt, he won the event giving him his 11th grand slam title.

These two players are undeniable the two best players in the world right now. I hope I can meet them someday bwahahaha.

Due to this passion of watching tennis games, I was fervent and excited to learn this sport. I bought a racket and played tennis with my housemates and friends. *wink * wink

I need MORE PRACTICE and PROPER TRAINING though. *sigh*

Date Scribed: February 5, 2007
posted by Joseph @ 10:39 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
My Entries
Archives
FAVORITE LINKS
EVAN AND JARON lyrics
Template-By

Visit Me Klik It