http://solaceandserenity.blogspot.com/
Thursday, February 04, 2010
Loving the Phad Thai...
Day 3: December 25, 2009

Surprisingly, I didn’t feel tired at all. I woke up before lunch time and headed out to get something to eat. But it feels like an ordinary day. I didn’t feel the spirit of Christmas. That wasn’t I was expecting. Yes, Bangkok is a Buddhist country but I am in the backpacker’s area and most of the people there are westerner so I am expecting that they will somehow put some effort to bring the Christmas spirit in town, but not.

I came back to the hotel and meet Andy with his Thai girl haha. How he ended up with this girl and what happened after we left him in the club is none of my business. But his stories were hilarious! Being his 1st time in Thailand, I’m kinda not surprised about his crazy adventures. That’s pretty normal hehe.

We only have two days left in Bangkok before we head down south. With nothing else to do, Andy and I decided to ride a ferry to take us to Bangkok Central (downtown I guess). It was a calm and relaxing 30-min ferry ride. Though the river is nowhere as blue as the water in other parts of Thailand (pollution alert!), but the scene was pretty cool.

Then we took a MRT going nowhere haha. We alighted at the station near National Stadium. Seriously, have no idea what to do or where to go. We were just walking and walking ‘til we both feel tired. It was like a ghost town. It was way too quiet, totally apart from the busy street of Khao San and not many annoying tuk-tuk drivers.

We went back to Khao San Road before nightfall. I just had my quick shower then I met up with the rest of the gang. I had a nice dinner with Drew, Jodi, Andy, Marius, and Alex.
I invited Anna to join us but she already planned to have a massage that night. She’s also from Travbuddy and staying at Rambuttri.

That night, we also met up with Carlyn and Hakima from South Africa. They missed the XMAS meetup because they landed in BKK late last night. We were already in Gazeebo when they arrived in Hippie Hi Bar.



After our dinner, we went on the same bar that we hang out the other night, Rooftop. And my buddy Anton from Russia joined us too! I met him a year ago in the airport on our way from Manila to KL and we chilled out here for few nights. Since then we still keep in touch and few days before my Thailand trip, he told me that he will be there the same time as me. So we planned to meet that night and party in Thailand! He didn’t stay with us the whole night though. He went back to his place around 2am. But it was really nice meeting you again my friend! J

A group of UN volunteers joined our table and jammed with us. Everyone was already drunk I must say. But I still know what’s happening around. I’m bit surprised that I don’t easily get wasted despite all the walking and touring during the day hehe.


I think it was past 3am when the bar closed but we are still going strong and kicking. However, Alex was so f*cking drunk already. He went inside the next door club named “The Club” by himself swerving. We both fell down on the ground when I was trying to pull him out. No one cared to help us lol. He doesn’t want to leave the place so we left him there.

Jodi, Drew, Andy, Marius, Carlyn, Hakima, and I moved to Gazeebo for more booze of course. But the music was so loud that we can’t even hear each other. After few drinks there, Andy and I went back to The Club to find Alex.

There are a lot of hookers hanging around inside waiting for their potential clients and some of them are obviously minors. Prolly Alex already hooked up with one of them because he’s no where to be found. Andy and I stayed there’s ‘til closing time. The crowd was mixed of tourists and locals… and ladyboys too! Andy had a funny experience with one of them. All the while he thought that the girl he was dancing with is a real she, but she’s NOT. And the “girl” even kissed him! Hahaha. How’s that? :P

It was past 5am when the club closed. I think Andy can’t get over with the ladyboy yet as I still have to convince him to leave the place hahaha. Poor boy. :P

Before going home, we feed our alcohol-filled stomach with the most sumptuous Phad Thai ever haha! Everything tastes good when you’re starving and drunk haha. We sat on the sidewalk for an hour, eating our Phad Thai and talking none-sense to the Phad Thai girl. Andy finds the girl cute! Everyone is cute for him, duh! But in fairness, she made our night even more fun and memorable. Despite the language barrier, she still kept us entertained. She’s amusing. ;)

posted by Joseph @ 5:26 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
My Entries
Archives
FAVORITE LINKS
EVAN AND JARON lyrics
Template-By

Visit Me Klik It