http://solaceandserenity.blogspot.com/
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
You will never be forgotten...

For your information, I intentionally did not include this event from the previous entries because it's quite delicate and must be written separately.

Late Mia was a good friend of mine. We're teammates and seatmates. We used to go out everytime we have time to. She loved to make "libre" to everybody. Sadly, she was diagnosed with cancer and after 2 years of battling from her sickness, she died.

She left so many great memories in my life. She gave me a rosary and a picture of us when we had our escapade in Puerto Gallera, before I left to US (with a message "hope wag mo kami kakalimutan"). She left me text messages days before she gone which I still saved in my phone.

Two months after, I received a forwarded text message saying something like "an angel exists but sometimes, since they don't all have wings, we call them friends. Pass this on to your friends and something good will happen to you at 11:00 in the morning something you have been waiting to hear. Someone will call you by phone or will speak to you about something that you were waiting to have.", the first person comes into my mind that time was Mia. Then around 11am, Edmund (my employer, right now) called me and sent me the contract. I was stunned and shocked. Might be coincidence, it did happen so to speak. Since then, I considered her as my guardian angel. I always talk to her everytime I need someone to talk to and always asked for her guidance. I sometimes sent SMS to her like as if she's still here with us and was just sent onshore. Every time I traveled, I always bring the rosary with me. And whenever I have problems, I confide to her. She's been my confidant and listener. If there's one person who knows what I've been dealing with, it's her. So she's very special to me.

Friday, before we went to the party, I suddenly missed her so I opened our pix at Puerto Gallera. I even let Gerry saw them. Then during the party when everyone was "high with the spirit of the alcohol", Leo suddenly broke down. He was trying to hold his tears and ran to his room. As we all know, Leo is Mia's bf. In fact, there's a collage pictures of them in their living room. I followed him and tried to console him. He cried aloud and broke down in front of me and Donnie. I can't help myself but to cry as well. Everything just flashbacked, from the moment I met her, our visits in the hospital, and during her wake. I also cried in sorrow. I felt Leo that night. I tried to hold my emotions but it was so hard so I broke down too. I let his heart cry about the pain he's feeling right at that very moment.

The next day when I saw him, we never talked about that moment. I don't want to open a conversation that he might feel uncomfortable. Even when we went to PJ, we never talked about that.

Then yesterday he popped me a message. He thanked me for being there for him. He thanked me for remembering Mia. He thought no one remembered her. He thought she was already forgotten by her friends. He thought he was all alone missing Mia. He thanked me for crying with him. He said after that, he dreamt of Mia. In all occasions, he always feels down whenever he dreamt of her but that instance was different. He felt relief and at peace.

I know for sure Mia wants Leo to move on. She will never be forgotten for sure but Leo still has life ahead of him to take good care of. I know Mia is very proud of him. Leo you're going there... just hold on and you'll be fine.

Mia, as promised, I will take an eye on Leo 'til I know he's already moved on.

Date Scribed: October 17, 2007

posted by Joseph @ 7:33 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
My Entries
Archives
FAVORITE LINKS
EVAN AND JARON lyrics
Template-By

Visit Me Klik It