http://solaceandserenity.blogspot.com/
Thursday, October 18, 2007
The Maybankers
To be honest, I was never closed to some of Pinoy officemates. When I first came here, I felt different and alone. I tried to adapt and mingle with them but I can't find the connection. So I learnt to depend on myself. There were only rare times that I asked help from them. Not until a new batch of Pinoys exactly a year after I came here.
Imagine I was the latest Filipino they hired before this new batch. For a year, I somehow feel alienated with the rest maybe because we weren't on the same wavelength. But that's how life goes. I don't want to push myself to anyone or do things just to please others. I only befriend people that I think I can make a connection. I don't want to force something that really not meant to happen. But despite the gloomy relationship I have with other Pinoys, I am still fortunate to have close friends from other company who helped a lot for me to survive. Not to mention to new friends I've met along my journey here.
When this new batch came, I hope that I can find new friends in them. Oh well, I've known Leo from my previous company. In fact, I was the one who referred him. He was my former TL and a great friend. But the rest, I don't know them at all.
But it wasn't easy. I bet feeling sequestrated and alone for a year changed my attitude towards co-Pinoys. I would admit I was hot-tempered and grumpy. I became unapproachable and grope with them which leads to a misunderstanding with one of them (Mavic). I don't want go into details but we reconciled after few days. Since then, I learnt to be more patient and understanding.
Every time there's an event or happening held in Bistari Condo, I always make excuses not to go with them. I kept pushing myself apart from them like I don't want to be close to them for some point. But I realized that I was the one making my situation hard. There they are reaching hands, inviting me, yet I tend to detach. So since then, I started to reach all of them and befriend them.
I always go out lunch, watch movies, and have dinner with them. I would say I am more comfortable now with them than before. And they made me feel welcome and important on my birthday. Thank you guys for everything. You made my 27th birthday so special. =)
To Leo, Donnie (and Jay), Charisse, Lisa, Mavic, and Agnes, thanks for the company... 'Til our next food trip, movie night, dinner out, and night gimmicks... And may we have long years of "pagsasama" here @ Maybank (ASA PA!!! Hehehe)

Cheers!
posted by Joseph @ 5:25 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
My Entries
Archives
FAVORITE LINKS
EVAN AND JARON lyrics
Template-By

Visit Me Klik It